“MIRROR” is the upcoming residential project in Marousi by GConstructions team and partners, designed by Fotis Gazepidis and Anna Hatziioannou.
THE DESIGN CONCEPT
The plot selection and building design took into consideration two main factors:
- Location’s features and potential
- Plot’s shape
The project is located in a key area with great potential. In a large scale perspective, Marousi is a perfect suburb for living, because it collects a number of privileges hard to find anywhere else. It has managed to combine northern suburbs benefits with all the amenities and the style of modern life. Transport network, new landscaping areas, residential neighbourhoods, shopping malls, casino, sport facilities, international schools, international companies’ coordinates, are all gathered together creating a super advanced suburb.
From a small scale perspective, the plot is located ideally between the National Olympic complex and Neratziotissa transportation hub being part of a large landscape regeneration plan in the area which is well-thought-out as a very fresh real estate hot spot.
A rough reference of some important points of interest nearby are listed below:
- 2 minutes’ walk from OAKA, the main Olympic complex of Athens Olympic games 2004, full of sports facilities and free space where big events also take place there, such as important concerts and sport games.
- 2 minutes’ walk from the interchange station of Neratziotissa which connects Marousi with the metro network of Athens and the suburban railway that takes you directly to Athens airport and port.
- 3 minutes’ walk from the greatest shopping malls and super markets. “Mall of Athens”, “Golden Hall”, “Avenue” are the best in the country and all are at a less than a kilometer distance.
- 2 minutes by car to Kifissia’s avenue that connects northern suburbs of Athens with the city center and the south suburbs.
- 2 minutes by car from “L. Kifisia ring” which is the main highway interchange connecting Kifisias Avenue with Attiki Odo which in its turn connects Marousi with Athens Airport (20 minutes) and country’s national highways (5 minutes).
- 2 minutes from the best private or public hospitals in the country. Ygeia and Iatriko Athinon are in 2km from the plot.
- 15-20 minutes from the most important international schools in the country…. all of the schools provide school bus that serve the area.
- 3 minutes from the new large investment of “Hellenic Casino of Parnitha” in Marousi which will create a unique Greek tourism and entertainment attraction
The design concept is affected by commercial reasons. The area is in development…a location that guarantee high revenue in long term conditions thus is not randomly favourable for all the serious property management companies. Mainly is addressed to young people with high income and lack of time who desire to have all the amenities within a short distance. Moreover it is considered as a good Airbnb spot due to all the points of interest that were mentioned before.
Small to normal size apartments were decided as the best commercial option while simultaneously the plot shape allowed a very interesting design concept. Because of the two opposite identical faces to pedestrian streets the building is designed to function both ways.
Each side appear as a reflected duplication of the other that appears almost identical, but it is reversed in the direction perpendicular to each other like a mirror image. That is where the name “MIRROR’ came from.
Each side consist of three properties in a column (six properties in total). The columns are connected with a communal staircase with a lift that stops in every single level. Internally, apartments have been designed very efficiently, with such space distribution that satisfy potential buyers for bigger properties. All rooms have openings and access to balconies while the majority of outdoor sqm are concentrated at the right side of the building providing ideal conditions for relaxation to its residents. The main construction is based on columns allowing for covered parking spaces and building entrance (piloti), while basement is only for storage rooms and mechanical equipment. All six properties are accompanied by parking space and storage room.